Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Times


Kuri takes a class at our local Little Gym. It has been great for building muscle strength, especially in her legs which were weak when we brought her home. She just "graduated" from her first semester and started her second one. It's been fun to see her improving, and she gets great one-on-one attention from her teacher since there are only a few other kids in her class.
On the adoption front, we are still contemplating adopting an older boy from Ethiopia (probably between 8-11), but are open to whatever God calls us to do. To think that we may soon be on the paper chase again is exciting. I'm back to blog stalking (not that I ever really stopped). I can't seem to tear myself away. I'm so excited for the families as they pass court and travel, and heartbroken for the ones that haven't passed yet.
Ethiopia has a very special place in our hearts and we can't wait to go back. We are even thinking about taking the whole family. I'm getting passports for Hannah and David just in case. We're still waiting on Kuri's citizenship and were told we should hear something by the end of January. Then we can apply for her passport as well.
Hannah is almost done with cheerleading and David is almost done with basketball. His team made it to the playoffs. Go Lions!! About the time they are through with their sports Kuri will start soccer. She is soooo excited!
Life is good.

4 comments:

Carol said...

We LUV Little Gym - they've helped both my kids with motor skills. Rediet has decided she wants to be a professional gymnast, so hopefully you'll see moi cheering from the stands at the 2012 or 2016 Olympics :-)

renee treat said...

So glad to see your update and I can't wait to start "stalking" you again when the next paperchase begins.

Adoption Cubed said...

I've finally had a chance to sit down and catch up on your blog. How wonderful to read that you are considering adopting again! And an older child!!!
Rebecca

Shelly Roberts said...

Can't wait to hear more of your adoption journey!! Keep us posted! :) Blessings, Shelly