How awesome to know that Kuri will soon be a Walton! We are counting down the days and are optimistic that the 19th will be a great day in our family. Thanks for your prayers!!
I've been tagged by my new friend Renee', so here goes!
8 things I'm passionate about (in no particular order):
1) My family
2) Adoption
3) Bible Study (especially anything by Beth Moore)
4) Grocery Shopping (I am the Coupon Queen--once got $314 worth or groceries for 14 cents!)
5) Food (I love food, especially Mexican)
6) Raising my kids with good values and self worth
7) Christian Music
8) My Cats, Levi Jeremiah and Jacob Esau (everyone in our family has a Bible name)
8 Things I want to do before I die:
1) Raise my kids to be responsible, well-adjusted adults
2) Return to Ethiopia in a few years
3) Travel with my husband, Jim
4) Return to my birthplace for a visit (Los Alamos, NM)
5) Inspire others to adopt
6) Give more than I have received
7) Go back to Disney World (there's just nowhere else on earth like it!!)
8) Get new carpet throughout my house!!
Things I Say Often:
Whatever!
Because I said so (every mother's favorite)
Is your homework done?
Did you brush your teeth?
I Love You
TV Shows I Watch:
Supernanny (makes me appreciate my kids)
Wife Swap (makes me appreciate my whole family)
American Idol
Game Shows (I love the old ones on the Game Show Network--Press Your Luck, Let's Make a Deal, Card Sharks)
October Road (my nephew Jonathan Murphy is the main character's little brother, Ronnie, so I kind of have to watch)
Artists I Like To Listen To:
(I am a Christian music junkie, but here are a few of my faves)
Jeremy Camp
Jars of Clay
Caedmon's Call
Mercy Me
Casting Crowns
Natalie Grant
Aeisha Woods
Things That Attract Me To My Friends:
Sense of Humor
Common Interests
They accept me as I am
Honesty
Loyalty
Things I Learned in 2007:
God is always at work and will reveal to us in His time the plans He has for us
We are all called to care for orphans, whether we adopt or not
I have a daughter in Ethiopia!
I love Ethiopia!
You're never without support in the adoption community
Have a blessed day!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good music taste! I've been thinking about you all a lot lately. Just 14 more days....
I loved your post. I am a big Beth Moore fan as well and I LOVE your music choices!!!!!
How exciting that you get to go get your sweet girl soon!
Yipppeeee!
Blessings,
Kristy
Post a Comment