



We're still exhausted, but are beginning to settle into a routine as a family of five. Kuri is doing well. She's very smart and has a great sense of humor and the funniest facial expressions. She's picking up English very well. Today when Hannah (Sister is what Kuri calls her) and David left for school she said, "Chow! Goodbye! See you later! Take Care! Be Careful!" Hannah and David are enjoying having a little sister and Kuri really loves them.
I agree with the Rooneys on the Ayat House. I would strongly recommend you check into it if you are traveling soon. We stayed at the one 4 doors down from the Rooneys. We were the first house guests of our host, Wolde. One of the best things about a guest house is there is room to move around and a yard to play in. Wolde helped us communicate with Kuri also. One of his relatives made our beds each day and did our laundry for us.
The first picture was taken at the Lion Zoo. I was unimpressed personally. The second one was taken at the top of Entoto Mountain. It was absolutely beautiful up there! The air was much cooler (and fresher!) and the Eucalyptus trees are just gorgeous. (Kuri was asleep in the car with our driver, Taffessa. He's the best!) The next picture is gotcha day at the older kid's foster care and the last one of Kuri was taken at the playground at Top View restaurant.
6 comments:
Debbie - I'm so happy that Kuri is settling in. She seemed so happy at Passport Home. I look forward to getting Kuri and Rediet together for a playdate! Take care.
Carol
I love it, all her little goodbyes in her new language.
Hope you can have lots of rest and enjoy getting to know her more and more.
What great stories! I can't wait to hear more and I can't get over how precious she is! I've missed following your blog for the past couple of weeks!
It's wonderful to see you together in Ethiopia! Welcome home. Can't wait to read more about your journey!
she's precious! I'm glad your adjustment period has gotten off to a good start :).
have fun!
becca
It is so good to see you together. Kuri is such a sweetheart and I am so glad to finally see her in her mommy and daddy's arms. Yea!!!
Amy
Post a Comment