


We've been home two weeks now and in some ways it seems like forever. Kuri is learning English quickly and feeling quite comfortable in our home. She's a good eater and sleeper (once she falls a sleep).
The photos are of beautiful Crater Lake from the balcony of Dreamland restaurant (home of the best chicken kebab I've ever tasted), Kuri at Top View Restaurant, and the Addis Ababa Home Depot (who knew they had one?!?!).
I figured it was time for me to share a few travel tips since I know many families are preparing to travel soon. First, have toilet paper or tissue with you at all times. Most of the public restrooms we visited had none, which is not a good thing when your 4 year old really has to go. Also, it's much warmer in Addis this time of year than you'd think. I had read that the high was around 74 in March. It seemed much warmer to me. Ladies, I recommend capris. I must say though, the mornings were very pleasant and cool. Next, make sure you eat breakfast at La Parisiene (sp?). Their macchiatos are great and their eggs are nice and fluffy (some places really overcook them). Also, if you plan to purchase any linen items, get them at the Alert hospital. The quality of their work is much nicer than what you might find elsewhere. We purchased a beautiful king size bed cover, some purse-like bags, a table cloth and some other miscellaneous items there. They are all absolutely beautiful and were quite inexpensive. That's all I can think of for now. Blessings to you all!
7 comments:
Hey there! ... great to read your reflections. Thanks to you I now have plenty of Kleenex and t.p. on my list! :) ~Shelly
Good advice, you guys. It's so great to see you here in blog-land, and I hope we can stay in touch. I love that Kuri named her baby "Abenezer." Precious. Hopefully we'll see you in Texas sometime or be sure to let us know if you come out to the Northwest.
Congratulations on being home!!! I am glad she is doing well!! I agree with the tissue, very important, when I was there in Sept. 07 (not to adopt yet) But now we are!!
Debbie
thanks for the advice! We'll be following it :). I just stuffed lots of toilet paper into multiple sandwich baggies :).
becca
It's so great to see Kuri is with her family and doing well. Kozette gets so excited when I show her pics of her friend.
We're adopting 2 sisters from Ethiopia through Gladney and I thought I recognized Kuri in one of my referral pictures. Then I saw a picture of Kali, Kuri and one of my daughters. How cool that was! Thanks for the advice--I need all that I can get!
It was great to hear from you! Our daughters names are Faven and Diborah and they are at the Gladney older child foster care center. I'd love to have more pictures of them!
Post a Comment