Tuesday, September 2, 2008

They're Off To School!



All of my babies are in school now. Hannah and David started last week, and Kuri started today. I love the routine of school and all the activities the kids are involved in. I don't like the homework and rushing out the door in the morning though.
My children wear me out. I love them, but they do (especially my little Kuri who wakes up talking and goes to sleep talking). So I was really looking forward to having some time to myself...
Then today Kuri started pre-K. She was SOOOOO excited when we took her into her classroom. She sat right down and barely told us goodbye. I was kind of heartbroken when I left. My baby is in school. Of course she's only going two days a week for half a day, but still my heart aches at the thought that she's already in school. Oh, I'll get over it, but for a moment I need to have a little pity party because after only five months in our home this child of ours is spreading her wings and is ready to fly.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Kuri looks like such a big girl, ready for new challenges. She'll be a star student, that's for sure! Love to you all!
Carol

Keva said...

You have me nearly in tears. that is so cool that there is this little girl that knew my little boy and that they share that unique bond. I mean, there are lots of children that i know were with him but none actually old enough to remember him by name. once i finish this comment i will be going back to read your story and would love to hear any of what she remebers of him. i know it may not be much but still would love to hear. thank you so much for finding me.

Lori S said...

What precious pictures! Kuri has changed so much in the last 5 months--what a big girl!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, I have one of those, too, that starts the morning talking and ends it chattering away. I hear you about needing the occasional break.

Kuri just looks like one of the family.