Monday, March 9, 2009

Future Soccer Star

Kuri had her first soccer game on Saturday. She did amazingly well, although she didn't score any goals. I'm certain she will as the season progresses. She did make a beautiful corner kick right to her teammates. Hopefully the next post will include some action shots. Since it was her first game, Jim videotaped the whole thing and we have only a few still shots.
Hannah is through with cheerleading for this school year and we thought David was through with sports. Friday he was recruited to play on the school baseball team. My break from activities every night was short lived, but I do love to see my children participate in all their activities. Although our lives are crazy busy, I wouldn't have it any other way.
No news on our next adoption yet. God will have to speak loud and clear on this one. We were really counting on a tax refund this year, which would have been a green light, but instead we are having to pay (oh, the joys of being self employed). I trust that God's timing is much better than mine, so if and when it happens, it will be perfect. For now I will just enjoy being mom to the three wonderful children He has already blessed me with.

3 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I loved your comment. Kuri looks so cute. I forgot to tell you that a few weeks ago, Nati came in very sad, and asked to see Kuri. we need to get together!!!

Adoption Cubed said...

It is hard to balance family together-ness and having the kids in activities of interest! What fun to see Kuri in her soccer outfit! I hope she enjoys the season.

Rebecca

Lori S said...

Kuri has grown a lot! She looks so big!
I was just thinking today how nice it has been this week not having any evening activities to attend--a very rare occasion!!! There's always something...game, concert, meeting, etc. Like you, I enjoy watching the kids participate in their various activities, but also enjoy some down time!
Sorry to hear the tax news--bummer!
Hope a door opens up for another adoption soon!!!