Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Time!!

I haven't blogged in awhile because I don't know that anyone's actually reading this. If you are, please let me know and maybe I'll be more motivated to keep it current.




We've been so busy lately. We took a trip to Navarre Beach, Florida with some friends at the end of May. Had an absolute blast! Kuri enjoyed her first trip to the beach, especially playing in the sand.




School's out and soccer is over. I just love the lack of routine that the summer allows. Hannah's doing cheerleading and David has church camp next week and will soon start football practice, but other than that we're spending our free time sleeping in and swimming.




Kuri tested for Kindergarten at the end of May. When I met with the principal she informed me that Kuri had the highest test scores she had ever seen for a Kindergarten entrance exam. We were not surprised by this information really, because she can already read and do simple addition and subtraction problems and has an incredible memory and thirst for learning. I think the only issues we will have with her will be social. She has a hard time being quiet!




We're having a pool party in a couple of weeks for local Gladney families who have adopted from Ethiopia. We are looking forward to making some new friends and catching up with some old ones.


I tried to attach a picture from our Florida trip and I can't seem to upload it intact.

More Soon.

5 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I still read!!
I still read!!!
Keep blogging.
That's awesome that Kuri did so well. What a smart and super cute little girl!

renee treat said...

I'm still reading! I check on you guys all the time! Of course we all knew Kuri was so smart...her parents are pretty smart too if you ask me:)

Jared and Whitney said...

I always check this site to keep up with you guys!!! I miss yall!

Kimberly said...

I read it!!! Glad you are getting some rest this summer!!! That is awesome about Kuri! She is so smart!

Love ya! Kim

Tanya said...

I saw your comment on another Gladney families' post (J, A & Ts) and wanted to find out who you were. I look forward to reading your story....when I find the time. I love hearing what happens AFTER gotcha day! What life is like now...

Keep writing!