For those of you waiting for your referral, let me just say that it doesn't get any easier once you have the referral. The last month has been very hard, knowing that we have a daughter in Ethiopia and we can't bring her home yet.
Yes, we are still waiting for our court date. Our dossier is supposed to be submitted to the courts this week. Please pray that we will get a quick court date so that we can bring Kuri home next month. The waiting is really difficult...
On a lighter note, we did find out today that Kuri knows she has a family and that she's happy. The Moaks are delivering some gifts to her for us next week when they travel to bring Henok home. Thank you, Renee and Matthew!
Also, some dear friends or ours are hosting a shower for us in a couple of weeks. We're really looking forward to that. It should be lots of fun!
For now the wait continues...
7 comments:
Debbie - you and your family are in our thoughts every day. I promise, looking back, it will seem like no time at all! I can't wait for Kuri to come home and for the girls to meet!
Blessings!
Carol
I can only imagine how excruciating this wait is -- far more so than the wait for the referral. It may provide small comfort, but the Gladney foster home is a clean, safe, happy, joyful place. Nothing, however, replaces being with mom & dad. It will be a joy seeing you all together! Keeping our fingers crossed that you receive good news any day now!...
Hey aunt debbie, that is so cool that she knows about yall. i can't wait for yall to get a court date and bring her home so i can meet my new cousin!!!
I can't imagine how hard this wait is as you continue on...Kuri is so beautiful and I look forward to hearing about your travels to get her soon! Natalie
Kuri is just precious! I am hoping you will receive your court date very soon! You are in my prayers!
We are praying for her to come home very soon...we can't wait to meet our precious new niece!!!
Love, Kim
Saw your post on my blog --- the only orphanage we were eallowed to take pics at was the state/gov't orphanage that is near Kechene. I can't remember the name. Email me at robinrankin@yahoo.com so I can see if Kuri was in that orphanage. We did not go to the big kids Gladney Foster Care house while we were there. During our trip. Gladney rented another infant house across from the existing one -- they moved some of the infants during the week we were there.
We were in Addis Nov 1 - 9th -- was Kuri in Gladney's foster care home or still in the orphanage.
Waiting is so hard,,,I really feel your pain. I thought the waiting after the referral was far harder than waiting for the referral!
Robin in NC
Post a Comment